Hyatt Place Columbus Polaris
Hotel Equities, multi-award-winning hotel development, and hospitality management company, in partnership with The Hotel Group, is currently searching for a remarkable Chief Engineer for the Hyatt Place Polaris in Columbus, OH.
Your expertise shapes us:
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering department including the proper operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance, and repair of all heating ventilation, refrigeration, and mechanical equipment. ensures the smooth daily operation and guest appeal of the hotel and is responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Develop, coordinate and monitor a maintenance program to ensure safety, security, and comfort to all team members and guests.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of all assets in order to determine the type of work required.
- Manages an effective rooms preventative maintenance program.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Leadership, training, and managing of all engineering/security associates.
- Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues
This is a great opportunity to put your stamp on a BRAND NEW property!
- An expert in property maintenance engineering. Small to medium hotel experience
- Possesses HVAC, CPO certification, and CPR certification
- Hotel familiarity with rooms, public spaces, and restaurant standards.
- Ability to lead a team of up to 1-2 maintenance technicians with varying levels of expertise.
- Comfortable with managing and coordinating bids, quotes, and contracts for third-party vendors.
- Can perform and maintain work to local, state, and Federal codes. Willingness to acquire the skill through resources.
- Lead safe work habits and follow SDS and OSHA standards
- Has served as a member of the property leadership team.
Hotel Equities is an award-winning hospitality company with a diverse culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
At Hotel Equities, we have redefined business culture and captured it in our core values. From our Atlanta-based headquarters throughout all of our hotels, these values aren’t posted on a wall and ignored. They define who we are and how we conduct ourselves with investors, guests, and one another.
What we can offer you:
- Salary based experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD/FSA/Accident - Effective 1st of month after 30 days
- Matching 401(k)
- Vacation-begin earning on DAY ONE!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team-driven and value-based culture
- Discount programs for shopping, travel, tickets, and more.
- Reduced room rates throughout Hyatt.
- Access to our Talent team to help you reach your career growth goals.
Email General Manger Robert Dunklee to set an interview @ Robert.email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Hotel Equities offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, disability status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that you may be asked to perform.